Rebuilt an 3ds Max ASE Exporter

November 4, 2006

So like, due to the way I built my game engine it require independant MPF files. Which are converted from ASE files. Problem was that the ASE exportor can only export one file at a time. Thus there was quite a lot of manual work!

So I finally decided to play with the 3ds MAX SDK. Played with the sample exporter and actually compiled it! Next step was modifying it to exactly what I wanted.

Sadly I went in there and hacked the crap out of it and made the code extremely dirty, but for the most part it accomplishes what I need it to do. It will be much more interesting from now on!

I can’t wait! I want to get this project even further down the line!

Building something yourself with our own two hands really makes a difference. You also begin to grow a might fine apprecation for all the people that have been there and done it before me.

I wonder how far behind the race I truly am. I hope to reach the top!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: